Are you frequently worrying about whether or not routine activities now pose a health or wellness risk to your loved one? If so, it might be time to consider an assisted living facility.
In old age, simple tasks such as bathing, grooming, and remembering to take daily medications can become more cumbersome. At Heather Glen Assisted Living, we offer care that not only addresses these immediate needs but most importantly provides a vibrant lifestyle—comfortable and worry-free—for all of our community members.
What exactly is assisted living?
An assisted living community is a long or short-term senior care option that provides personal care support services such as meals, medication management, bathing, dressing, and transportation.
Signs that it may be time for assisted living
Is your loved one showing:
- increased difficulty managing daily activities?
- an injury obtained performing regular tasks
- difficulty grooming, dressing, shopping
- recent accidents or close calls that leave you concerned about their driving, or being at home unattended
- noticeable change in physical appearance?
- drastic weight loss or frailty
- disheveled appearance or stench due to lack of grooming
- negligence in their home?
- an abundance of spoiled and expired food in their kitchen
- excessive amounts of the same items in their cupboard
- unclean and unorganized living spaces
- a pet that seems ungroomed/underfed
- unopened mail/unpaid bills
- noticeable change in social behavior?
- leaving the house less and less
- not maintaining friendships
- aggressive interactions/frequent frustration
Comfort, security & round-the-clock support
Heather Glen combines the comforts of home with the security of knowing there’s always a helping hand from our professional, experienced team. We provide multiple levels of care to support an evolving lifestyle, promoting the highest level of independence possible, while always meeting your loved one’s particular needs.
If you’d like to receive more information about Heather Glen Assisted Living, please feel free to: